These are my links for October 31st through November 4th:
- VoiceThread – Group conversations around images, docs, and videos – A VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to leave comments in 5 ways – using voice (with a mic or phone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Share a VoiceThread with friends, students, and colleagues for them to record comments too.
Users can doodle while commenting, use multiple identities and pick which comments are shown through moderation. VoiceThreads can even be embedded on web sites and exported to MP3 players or DVDs as archival movies.
With VoiceThread, group conversations are collected and shared in one place from anywhere in the world. All with no software to install.
- Social Media vs. Knowledge Management: A Generational War – Social Media vs. Knowledge Management: A Generational War. Interesting if slightly mis-guided essay by Venkatesh Rao, which has recived some sharp and polarized reactions in the blogosphere. You either believe (as Venkatesh does) that KM is ultimately at odds with SM and doomed to die, or that they are compliemtary and form two sides of the same coin called 'learning and sharing' – which is what I believe.
- KMWorld.com – from the editors of KMWorld magazine – Covering the latest in Content, Document and Knowledge Management
- Web 2.0 Expo In Berlin – Day 1 Highlights – Web 2.0 Expo in Berlin Day 1 highlights
- Web 2.0 Expo In Berlin – Day 2 Highlights – Web 2.0 Expo In Berlin – Day 2 Highlights
Be First to Comment