These are my links for February 7th through February 12th:
- Social Media Case Studies | The Parallax View – There’s more and more case studies on social media, web 2.0 and enterprise 2.0. Keeping track of them all is an on-going project. Here’s some of the ones I’ve been looking at lately. This is not meant to be a definitive list, it’s more like a set of bookmarks, but if there’s a really good one I’ve missed out, please add a comment* or ping me on Twitter, on my remiss and I’ll add it.
- OneSocialWeb – Creating a free, open, and decentralized social networking platform. – The purpose of onesocialweb is to enable free, open, and decentralized social applications on the web. Its protocol can be used to turn any XMPP server into a full fledged social network, participating in the onesocialweb federation. The suite of extensions covers all the usual social networking use cases such as user profiles, relationships, activity streams and third party applications. In addition, it provides support for fine grained access control, realtime notification and collaboration.
- Research into the Challenges, Usage and Benefits of social media in Higher Education Institutions | Jadu – The importance of social media is rising up the strategic agenda for management and users at UK Universities
Social Media is growing in its adoption across all areas of society, including Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). To gain a current picture of this rapidly developing area within UK Higher Education Institutions, research has recently been conducted into the Challenges, Usage and Benefits of Social Media within Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
- Prospect talks to the father of the world wide web « Prospect Magazine – On 5th January, just before the public launch of data.gov.uk, Prospect’s Tom Chatfield spoke to Tim Berners-Lee about how Berners-Lee helped the government to open up public data. On 7th January, Chatfield spoke to Berners-Lee’s friend and colleague Nigel Shadbolt about his role in the project. The edited highlights of both conversations are below.
- Ultimate List Twitter Tools | The Social Media Guide – Possibly the most comprehensive list of Twitter tools and Twitter apps around – 760 at the last count.
Be First to Comment