These are my links for January 20th through January 25th:
- Focus: IDeA Communities of Practice « E-Government Bulletin Live – The large and growing network of collaborative tools that make up the ‘Communities of Practice’ (CoP) project, hosted by the local government Improvement and Development Agency (IDeA), is a rare ‘Web 2.0’ success story in the UK public sector.
CoP (http://www.communities.idea.gov.uk/) began in the autumn of 2006 as a pilot project testing around 100 discussion forums with 5,000 council managers. The bespoke technology used to run the networks was developed by Conseq and runs on the IDeA’s existing web publishing infrastructure using IBM WebSphere Application Server and DB2 Universal Database.
- ukgc – home – A wiki set up to house content from the UKGovCamp event, held in London on 23 January 2010.
- 10 +1 Trends and changes for the social web 2010 | CustomerThink – Predictions for key social media trends in 2010.
- A first step towards freeing London’s data | London DataStore – Welcome to the prototype Datastore for London. This is where we’ll be releasing all of the Greater London Authority’s data for all Londoners to see and use free of charge. Releasing GLA data is just the beginning though and we’ll be using our connections and influence to request and cajole other public sector organisations into following suit. Our formal launch is at the end of January 2010 with a larger number of data packages and an improved user interface. In the mean time join the conversation and give us your thoughts and feedback – we want to make this site work for you.
- 5 Scary Things That Facebook Knows About You | Online Media Gazette – …just in case you didn't know!