These are my links for October 30th through November 2nd:
- Gapminder.org – For a fact based world view. – Unveiling the beauty of statistics for a fact based world view.
- Knowledge Hub – Social by Social – The IDeA is developing social media enabled learning resources and practice development. In particular around an efficiency exchange and interactive case study development.
- The Future of the Social Web | Brian Solis – PR 2.0 – The first part of the report observes the state of the Social Web and summarizes its direction:
Today’s social experience is disjointed because consumers have separate identities in each social network they visit. A simple set of technologies that enable a portable identity will soon empower consumers to bring their identities with them — transforming marketing, eCommerce, CRM, and advertising. IDs are just the beginning of this transformation, in which the Web will evolve step by step from separate social sites into a shared social experience. Consumers will rely on their peers as they make online decisions, whether or not brands choose to participate. Socially connected consumers will strengthen communities and shift power away from brands and CRM systems; eventually this will result in empowered communities defining the next generation of products.
- Welcome to the PloneGov initiative — Home – Across the world several million regions, cities and local governments are faced with the same situations and challenges in terms of e-government. So why not unite their efforts?
We are creating a collaborative software ecosystem, where government organizations, non-profits and the private sector work together to share the cost of enhanced capabilities. The larger the community that shares the applications, the more potential benefits derived by each participant. Improvements to the software may be provided or funded by any organization. All participating organizations benefit from any one’s contributions at no additional cost and with no restrictions.
- ePractice.eu – ePractice.eu is a portal created by the European Commission which offers a new service for the professional community of eGovernment, eInclusion and eHealth practitioners. It is an interactive initiative that empowers its users to discuss and influence open government, policy-making and the way in which public administrations operate and deliver services.