These are my links for January 6th through January 11th:
- Facilitating online communities – WikiEducator – Facilitation is a rare and valuable skill to have. It is a service that is often used in conferences, debates, panels and tutorials, or simply where groups of people are meeting and need someone to help negotiate meaning and understanding, and to keep everyone engaged and on task.
* Good facilitation depends on good communication skills.
* Good online facilitation depends on good online communication skills.
* Facilitating online communities… what does that involve?
- Zamzar – Free online file conversion – Have you ever wanted to convert files without the need to download software?
- London opens databases to the public | News | Local Government Chronicle – The Greater London Authority has committed itself to publishing all centrally held data in its raw format as part of a drive to change the nature of the interaction between citizens and the state.
- Putting the Frontline First – Putting the frontline first: smarter government sets out how Government will improve public service outcomes while achieving the fiscal consolidation that is vital to helping the economy grow. The plan has three central actions: to drive up standards by strengthening the role of citizens and civic society, to free up public services by recasting the relationship between the centre and the frontline, and to streamline the centre of government, saving money for sharper delivery.
- Prezi – The zooming presentation editor – Great way of designing and delivering presentations. Online or offline.