These are my links for November 22nd through November 24th:
- Build your stuff with our stuff! – Lichfield District Council – We're always looking for new ways of making it as easy as possible for developers and website owners to access data held by Lichfield District Council in ways that they want – allowing you to remix, mashup and share data easily. Here's a list of what we provide so far, this list is not exhaustive, and we'll be adding more and more datasets as time progresses:
- Planning Applications widget – Lichfield District Council – We're really keen to make sure information is as easily accessible to our residents as possible, making sure you can access our data quickly and in a format you choose. With this in mind, we've developed a 'widget' that allows you to show the latest planning applications that have been posted on your own website.
It's very easy to set up, simply copy and paste the code below into your website or blog and every time a new planning application is posted, the widget will update:
- Put in your postcode, out comes the data | Tim Berners-Lee and Nigel Shadbolt – Times Online – Government data is a valuable resource that we have already paid for. We are not talking about personal data but data that tells us, for example, about the amount and type of traffic on our roads, where the accidents are, how much is spent on areas where these accidents occur. This is data that has already been collected and paid for by the taxpayer, and the internet allows it to be distributed much more cheaply than before. Governments can unlock its value by simply letting people use it.
- Social Media Case Studies | The Parallax View – There’s more and more case studies on social media, web 2.0 and enterprise 2.0. Keeping track of them all is an on-going project. Here’s some of the ones I’ve been looking at lately. This is not meant to be a definitive list, it’s more like a set of bookmarks, but if there’s a really good one I’ve missed out, please add a comment* or ping me on Twitter, on my remiss and I’ll add it.
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error