These are my links for March 11th through March 17th:
- Strange Attractor » Blog Archive » Businesses will live to regret their social media ignorance – here’s been a lot of discussion recently about how social media sites are now the more popular than, and even replacing, email. Earlier in March, a Nielsen survey found that 67% of people going online spent time on social networks and blogs. Now a presentation at South by SouthWest has posited how social tools such as Facebook, Yammer, Twitter and Friendfeed are replacing email.
- The Smarter Web (Part 2) – ReadWriteWeb – One of the most apparent trends was the emergence of several new intelligent web services. In this transitional period between Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 (or whatever it is that comes next), the tools of the future are just now being revealed. Although at first glance some of these services and applications may seem somewhat incomplete, in many cases they actually represent years' worth of work to have reached the point they're at now. These are no simple Web 2.0 applications; these are highly complex and intelligent tools of tomorrow's smarter web.
- Knowledge Sharing & Collective Intelligence in the Blogosphere : Victor Godot – If you should analyse the dynamics of so-called Web 2.0 (and beyond) a key factor would arise: sharing information & knowledge, and tools for obtaining more informations and gaining more knowledge.
You can read this feature as a great shift in the mentality of a generation, or perhaps just a new kind of challenge for everyone point of view and best practices.
- http://ow.ly/M4e – For anyone I've been speaking to about the local gov Knowledge Hub – The Guardian Open Platform is the model I had in mind http://ow.ly/M4e
- Communities and Collaboration – New blog post: Bookmarks for March 10th through March 11th http://tinyurl.com/azo8ac
[…] Bookmarks for March 11th through March 17th […]